About The CIA Club
Objectives of The CIA Club
Mission Statement: The Compassion in Action Club (The CIA Club) is a student-oriented, animal-advocacy organization that provides its members with opportunities to render service, develop leadership skills, and educate themselves and others about the interconnectedness of all beings to create a healthy and compassionate planet.
Vision: To develop healthy, strong, compassionate
leaders and a thriving environment through diet, education, and service for all animals.
Core Values: The core values of The CIA Club are
leadership, compassion, life-long learning, and respect for ALL beings.
Pledge: I pledge, on my honor,
to uphold the Objectives of The Compassion in Action Club;
to strengthen my leadership skills and build character through service;
to continuously increase and share my knowledge about the plight of animals and their interconnectedness with humans and the planet;
to treat all beings and the environment with respect;
and to peacefully work to overcome all forces which tend to undermine these
Motto: Changing the world one being at a time
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide information about a plant-based diet so that our health
and the environment may flourish.
- To provide experience with working together to achieve goals.
- To serve the school and community, including humans and animals.
- To raise funds for non-profit organizations that benefit animals.
- To cooperate with the school administration.
- To prepare for useful citizenship and life-long learning.
- To accept and promote the following ideas:
- Caring for ALL beings and respecting their rights and good will
should be valued more than material things or superficial desires.
- People must think for themselves and not let negative
criticism by others influence who they are and what they do.
- People must treat all beings how they would like to be
- True leaders make sure they succeed scholastically,
extra-curricularly, and socially. True leaders do not sit back
and wait for things to happen. True leaders have the initiative to make
things happen. To represent The CIA club, students must value
leadership and work to be good role models.
- Violence breeds more violence. No matter how worthy your
cause, pursue it peacefully and with integrity. Passivity and
aggression will get you nowhere. You must be assertive and always
focus on the win/win.
- The CIA Club brings all "types" of students together, and
fellowship between them is of the utmost importance. They need to
focus on their commonalities and find ways to build enduring
friendships. To build better and stronger communities outside the
school walls, students must learn to build better and stronger
communities inside the school walls.
- Students must work toward creating and maintaining a sound
public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase
of justice for all beings, a flourishing environment, and quality of
life resulting from a healthy, plant-based diet.